St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church
9150 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
(The corner of Highland Road and Gardere Lane)
phone: 225-766-2431; fax: 225-766-0722
- Liturgy Committee
- (Appointed by the Pastor) Parishioners serving various liturgical ministries who assist the pastor in discerning the effectiveness of liturgy in St. Jude Parish.
- Altar Servers
- Boys/girls who assist the priest at Liturgy on Sundays, Holy Days, and special occasions. Membership is open to all boys and girls in the parish who are entering the fourth grade or older. Altar servers who attend St. Jude School also serve during school Liturgies. A mandatory workshop is held for all new servers. New members shadow older members for several months prior to service.
- Altar Society
- Members take great pride in their role of service to the parish. They keep an inventory of supplies and linens, clean and sew linens, and keep the church clean for our Liturgies.
- Art and Environment
- Any person with artistic talent (writing, painting, drawing, calligraphy, flower or interior design, decorative effect or ideas) can assist in our liturgical life. Assist in planning and decorating the sanctuary/church for various liturgical seasons and also help with cleanup when season ends.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
- (Approved by the Pastor) Men and women who assist the priest in distribution
of the Eucharist. Many also bring the Eucharist to parishioners who are unable
to attend Sunday Liturgy. A mandatory workshop is held before scheduling. A
commissioning service is held during the year.
- Mass Greeters
- Parishioners greet people as they enter the Church for weekend Liturgies. They seek to make all parishioners and visitors feel welcome among us.
- Ministers of the Word
- Catholic adults who proclaim the Liturgy of the Word at Sunday Liturgy, Holy Days, and other special Liturgical functions. A mandatory workshop is held for all readers and a workbook is provided.
- Those with musical talents, vocal and /or instrumental ability are invited and welcomed to audition with the choir director. Contact: Mary Rogers, 766-2431
- Caring for our parish infants and toddlers (6 months to 3 years) during the 9:45 AM Mass Participating parents pay a small fee and are asked to serve a shift.
- Men and women who volunteer their services to assist in celebration of Mass on Sundays, Holy Days, and special occasions. Ushers have the opportunity to welcome individuals attending Mass and aid in the seating of the congregation, collecting the offering and tidying the church after service in preparation of the next celebration. High School and College Students are encouraged to join this ministry.