Parish Ministries-Education and Faith Formation
Education and Faith Formation:
- Baptism Preparation
- (Appointed by the Pastor) Parishioners serving various liturgical ministries
who assist the pastor in discerning the effectiveness of liturgy in St. Jude
- Volunteers are confirmed Catholics who are willing to walk the faith journey
with 11th grade students. Contact: Parish Office at 766-2431.
- First Eucharist
- Volunteers are needed as Altar Servers, Ushers, Mass Greeters, Lectors and
Eucharistic Ministers for this extra special mass. Contact: Parish Office, 766-2431.
- Marriage Preparation
- Couples wishing to marry must contact the pastor 6 months in advance of the scheduled wedding date.
- Parish School of Religion (PSR)
- Volunteers teach, proclaim, and witness the “good news” of God’s love and
mercy to all our children (Grades K-11) who attend Public/Private School. All
teachers work under the supervision of the Director of Religious Education.
Contact: Alissa Legendre, 766-2431.
- RCIA Sponsors
- A sponsor is a practicing Catholic and a regular, practicing member of St. Jude. They attend the RCIA sessions with the person who is planning to become a Catholic, and serve as a supportive-spiritual friend, walking closely with the candidate on his/her faith journey. Contact:
Parish Office, 766-2431.
- Sunday School
- Volunteers are asked to work with 3 and 4 year-olds during the 9:45 AM Mass. Lesson Plans are provided. Contact:
Parish Office, 766-2431. NOT AVAILABLE 2014-2015
- Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- A summer program for children from K-6th grade. Volunteers are needed to help coordinate educational, spiritual, and creative activities. Nursery/Pre-School track offered for volunteers only.
- Adult Education
- Coordinated through the Pastoral Staff at the Parish Office.
- A multi-generational and multi-cultural ministry that seeks to reach out to Catholics, those who may be considering initiation into the church.
- Music Makers
- An interactive program for parents and children, aged 6 months to
kindergarten, where parent and child learn to make "joyful noise".
- Play and Pray
- Parishioners and their children, ages four and under, meet two mornings a month on Fridays for play, stories, prayer, singing, and crafts.
- Respect for Life
- Men and women actively promoting a universal respect for ALL human life—from its earliest beginnings at conception, throughout pregnancy, birth and maturation, to its transition through a natural death—as set forth in the Church’s Gospel of Life.
- Young Adult Ministry
- Offers opportunities for fellowship and spiritual growth for parishioners ages 18 through 25.