Parish Ministries-Education and Faith Formation
Education and Faith Formation:
- Baptism Preparation
- (Appointed by the Pastor) Parishioners serving various liturgical ministries
who assist the pastor in discerning the effectiveness of liturgy in St. Jude
- Volunteers are confirmed Catholics who are willing to walk the faith journey with 11th grade students. Contact: Mary Rogers at 766-2431.
- First Eucharist
- Volunteers are needed as Altar Servers, Ushers, Mass Greeters, Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers for this extra special mass. Contact: Christie Guillory, 766-2431.
- Marriage Preparation
- Couples wishing to marry must contact the pastor 6 months in advance of the scheduled wedding date.
- Parish School of Religion (PSR)
- Volunteers teach, proclaim, and witness the “good news” of God’s love and mercy to all our children (Grades K-11) who attend Public/Private School. All teachers work under the supervision of the Director of Religious Education. Contact: Mary Rogers, 766-2431.
- RCIA Sponsors
- A sponsor is a practicing Catholic and a regular, practicing member of St. Jude. They attend the RCIA sessions with the person who is planning to become a Catholic, and serve as a supportive-spiritual friend, walking closely with the candidate on his/her faith journey. Contact: Mary Rogers, 766-2431.
- Sunday School
- Volunteers are asked to work with 3 and 4 year-olds during the 9:45 AM Mass. Lesson Plans are provided. Contact: Mary Rogers, 766-2431
- Vacation Bible School (VBS)
- A summer program for children from K-6th grade. Volunteers are needed to help coordinate educational, spiritual, and creative activities. Nursery/Pre-School track offered for volunteers only.
- Adult Education
- Coordinated through the Pastoral Staff at the Parish Office.
- A multi-generational and multi-cultural ministry that seeks to reach out to Catholics, those who may be considering initiation into the church.
- Music Makers
- An interactive program for parents and children, aged 6 months to
kindergarten, where parent and child learn to make "joyful noise".
- Play and Pray
- Parishioners and their children, ages four and under, meet two mornings a month on Fridays for play, stories, prayer, singing, and crafts.
- Respect for Life
- Men and women actively promoting a universal respect for ALL human life—from its earliest beginnings at conception, throughout pregnancy, birth and maturation, to its transition through a natural death—as set forth in the Church’s Gospel of Life.
- Young Adult Ministry
- Offers opportunities for fellowship and spiritual growth for parishioners ages 18 through 25.
- Youth Ministry
- Opportunities for fellowship, spiritual growth, and service offered to youth in grades 5 through 12. There are 3 separate tracts of youth ministry in St. Jude Parish. They are: Pre-Teen Youth Ministry (Grades 5-6), Junior High Youth Ministry (Grades 7-8), and High School Youth Ministry (Grades 9-12).
St. Jude Youth Ministry on
Facebook. Scouting is also an aspect of youth ministry and includes: boys and girls scouting troops are very active as they continue to develop Christian ideals and values.
Boy Scout Web site All adult volunteers who work
with children at St. Jude must complete youth