St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church
9150 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
(The corner of Highland Road and Gardere Lane)
phone: 225-766-2431; fax: 225-766-0722
- Ministry of Communication
- A ministry that seeks to make a unified effort to communicate with parishioners at
large by way of our parish bulletin, parish website, a quarterly (mailed)
newsletter, special seasonal mailings, and our Phone Tree.
- Parish Advisory Council
- (Appointed by
the Pastor) Seeks to assist the pastor in discerning the needs of our faith
community and developing goals and implementation of these goals. Meets monthly.
- Parish Fair
- Steering committee begins planning well in advance of the actual fair date.
All ministries contribute to the Fair. Those joining this ministry help to
facilitate the overall coordination of this major parish event. Meetings are
held on Wednesday nights beginning in the fall preceding the date of the Fair.
- Parish Finance Council
- (Appointed by
the Pastor) Assists the pastor in guiding the financial stewardship of our parish community, including regular
reviews of finances and creation of the annual parish budget.
- Parish Lay Directors
- Appointed annually by the pastor and serve as part of the Finance Council, our Lay
Directors sign and approve the end of the year parish financial report.
- Regional Representatives
- (Appointed by Advisory Council) Assist in outreach to new parishioners according to
geographical area, especially toward the goal of welcoming them to the
- Volunteer Office Help
- Volunteers who assist with mailings, answering the phone and other recurring needs.
Contact: Charmaine Biossat, 766-2431.