Inter-generational Confirmation Process
Core Value Statement
Faith development is a constant, ongoing process that spans one’s entire life. The religious education and formation that takes place along the way is a community experience. An inter-generational process invites and challenges parishioners of all ages to learn about their Catholic faith, to grow, and to celebrate together.
Criteria for Participation
Criteria for entrance into the preparation process are:
1. Registered membership in Saint Jude Parish
2. Enrollment and participation in high school religious education (non-Catholic high school youth)
3. Enrollment and participation in Confirmation preparation sessions and other related experiences (Catholic high school youth)
4. Regular attendance at Mass at Saint Jude Parish.
During the eleventh grade formation year, candidates will participate in 1 service experience.
During the eleventh grade formation year, candidates will participate in1 retreat experience: The Kickoff Confirmation Retreat as well as prayer time during the Hour of Reflection and Confirmation Rehearsal.
Communal Liturgical Celebrations
During the eleventh grade formation year, candidates will participate in communal liturgical expereiences by going to amss together after each session as well as participating in both the Rite of Enrollment and the Sacrament of Confirmation itself.
Small Faith Sharing Community
When a student enrolls Confirmation process, they will be assigned to a small group known as a Small Faith Sharing Community. This will be the group in which all of their preparation and formation for the Sacrament of Confirmation will take place. Each group will be facilitated by 2 properly trained adults.
Each Small Faith Sharing Group will be assigned a Sponsoring Ministry. A Sponsoring Ministry is a group of parishioners from one of our particular parish ministries, such as the Knights of Columbus, Catholic Daughters, D.M.A., Ushers, St. Vincent de Paul, Pray and Play, an Adult Small Christian Community, and so on. Their role will be to pray for the group of Confirmation students to which they are assigned and to occasionally mail them a pre-approved Card of Affirmation. A Sponsoring Ministry will remain with their Small Faith Sharing Group throughout the process, culminating with the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Confirmation Paperwork Checklist
The Confirmation Packet for 2019 is due, fully completed, by no later than Wednesday, March 13th, 2019 for the Fall 2019 Confirmation cohort. The following items are required for the packet to be considered complete, and for reigstration for the Sacrament to be granted:
- Parent-Child Contract Form
- Letter of Intent Form
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (regardless of church parish)
- $40 Material Fee (cash or check)
- Choosing a Saint Name Form
- Confirmation Sponsor Eligibility Certificate (must be signed and sealed by the sponsor's registered church parish)
- Request for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- A Reflection Paper will be due by Session V. (More info will be passed out at the first Confirmation session.)